Click on the video to play or stop at any time.
Courtenay was admitted as a Solicitor in 1986 and became a partner of the practice in 1990. He is accredited by the Law Society of New South Wales as a Personal Injury Law Specialist and is one of the contributing authors to the Personal Injury Law Manual in New South Wales, published by the Law Book Company.
Courtenay has a long history of helping people who are disadvantaged by injury to get compensation. As well as being a judicial member of the New South Wales Ruby Union in his spare time, he has been involved in many leading compensation cases including claims which have gone to the High Court. He is a member of the Australian Lawyers Alliance and the American Trial Lawyers Association and is experienced in mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolutions.
He has been recognised by the Motor Accident Authority as an expert in the field of motor accident compensation by appointment to its panel of specialist lawyers in catastrophic injury cases for children.
His particular areas of expertise include:
- Public liability claims
- Motor accident claims
- Medical negligence compensation
- Insurance law
- Mental health/disability law
- Protective law
- Beilby Poulden Costello since 1988
- McMahons National Lawyers 1986-1988
- Glasson, Gemmell & McGill 1981-1985
- 1985 Diploma in Law – Solicitors Admission Board
- 1986 Admitted in Supreme Court of NSW
- 1998 Admitted in High Court of Australia
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of NSW
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Law Council of Australia
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Motor Accident Authority Committee for Catastrophically Injured Children
- New South Wales Rugby Union Judicial Officer
- New South Wales Rugby Union Appeals Committee
If you think you have a claim that you would like Courtenay to handle, please call us on 1800 300 272 or use the form on your right to send us your details.