A car accident injury can be serious and even fatal. The effects are devastating on personal lives, work and families. If you have had or been affected by a motor vehicle accident you should consult an experienced compensation lawyer about what compensation you may be entitled. The lawyers at Beilby Poulden Costello can help you alleviate the financial cost associated with a serious motor accident and provide expert help and advice throughout the claim.
A motor vehicle claim could cover a myriad of situations on the road:
- Car accident
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accident
- Speeding fatality
- Pedestrian accidents
- Accidents involving heavy vehicles such as trucks and buses
- Motor vehicle accidents such as one car colliding with another
In the event of an accident, try to stay calm and attempt to keep off the road. Emergency services and police should be notified immediately if anyone has been injured or killed or if there is damage to property or livestock.
It is important to collect as much information as possible from the accident.
At Beilby Poulden Costello, our team of expert compensation lawyers will:
- evaluate your claim
- help you gather necessary evidence such as names, registration numbers and insurance details of the vehicles involved, as well as receipts for hospital care, medical treatment and medication
- explain police reports relating to your accident
- contact the relevant insurance companies
- ensure you obtain the compensation you deserve to ease your pain and suffering. Compensation may be available to cover you for pain and suffering, past and future wage loss, past and future medical costs, domestic and care needs
Even if you cannot identify the person responsible for your injury, you may still be able to apply for compensation under car accident law. You should not admit any liability for the accident, or blame yourself before consulting us. Strict time limits apply under car accident law so speak to us immediately if you are injured on the road.
BPC Law are recognised by the Doyles Guide in the area of motor vehicle compensation:
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Law Firm – 2015, 2016;
- Courtenay Poulden – Leading Motor Vehicle Accident & Injury Compensation Lawyer – Sydney, 2015 and Recommended Motor Vehicle Accident & Injury Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) – NSW, 2016;
- Scott Hall-Johnston – Leading Motor Vehicle Accident & Injury Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) – Sydney, 2015; and
- Mark Nelson – Leading Motor Vehicle Accident & Injury Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) – NSW, 2016.
I just wanted to say a quick thank you for all your hard work. I appreciate the time taken to explain the process of making a claim from the start. I wasn’t sure if I was entitled to anything but you explained my rights and my claims value clearly. My sincere gratitude and warmest thanks.
Kim, Frenchs Forest
Have Questions? Find Out More About Motor Accident Claims
If you sustain injury as a result of a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) on or after 5 October, 1999 compensation is payable pursuant to the Motor Accidents Compensation Act, 1999 (NSW) (MACA Act).
Think you may be eligible for to make a motor accident claim? Find out more by reading our comprehensive guide to motor accident claims.
Whiplash Injury Claims
The most common type of compensation received from a motor vehicle accident these days is for loss of wages for the potential that the injuries may prevent someone from working in the future. We recently acted on behalf of a client who sustained whiplash type injuries to the neck and back as a result of a rear end motor vehicle accident. This is a very common type of injury caused by motor accidents and one where substantial compensation can still be obtained.
Multiple Motor Vehicle Accidents
An out-of-control truck rolled onto its side at the intersection of Pittwater and Warringah roads in Dee Why, crashing over the median strip and colliding with eight cars, ultimately coming to rest on top of a vehicle with the occupants injured and trapped inside.
In all, six people had to be freed from their vehicles by the Fire Department and five were rushed to hospital, one by helicopter. While in this situation it is evident which vehicle caused the accident, this is not always the case.
Roadwork Council Negligence
Our client was involved in a road incident which resulted in a head on collusion with an oncoming vehicle and caused injury and damage for which she sought compensation.
The case was brought to the New South Wales Court of Appeals where they overturned a decision of the District Court resulting in a great outcome for our client.
CTP Insurance Claim Case
It is good to know that sometimes the injured person is the winner even when the insurer is prepared to take the issue all the way to the High Court.
BPC were successful in winning a case involving a young boy who had suffered severe brain injury and who was denied cover by the young boy’s father’s CTP (Comprehensive Third Party) insurer.
BPC have helped thousands claim compensation.We Can Help You Too.
We don’t promise the world only to send your case off to a junior lawyer. Your case will be personally managed by a partner of the firm, who will guide you through every step on the road to successful compensation.