A slip, trip and fall can happen anywhere at anytime. These accidents usually come under the headings of “Public Liability” or “Occupier’s Liability”. If your accident has occurred in a public place, such as a public park, it falls under “Public Liability”. If your accident has occurred one someone’s premises, such as a shop or restaurant, it falls under “Occupier’s Liability”.
Some examples of places you could be hurt include:
- Supermarket or shopping centre
- Rental property
- Hotel, night club or bar
- Entertainment venues, concert venues and sport matches
- Local park or public footpath
- Boating accidents
- Public transport
- Dog attacks
- On school premises
Common accidents that can give rise to a personal injury claim include slipping, tripping or falling because of dangerous spillage or broken/damaged surfaces.
If you have suffered an injury on someone else’s premises, you may be entitled to compensation under personal injury accident law. Strict time limits apply in accident law, so we recommend you speak to a specialist personal injury lawyer at Beilby Poulden Costello as soon as you have experienced an accident.
An expert accident lawyer will help gather adequate evidence to support your claim. Notice of claim will then be served on the owner or occupier of the property where you have suffered an accident. The owner/occupier will then be required to respond to your claim.
An experienced personal injury lawyer will help ensure the owner/occupier:
- responds to any offer of settlement which you have made
- makes an assessment of the amount of your claim
- makes a written offer
If your claim does not settle, we will assist with court proceedings to ensure you obtain the best outcome. So if you have suffered as the result of public negligence, you should speak to us today as you might be entitled to compensation.
Our team of expert compensation lawyers have over 30 years of experience.
We will ensure your personal injury claim is handled with sensitivity and utmost efficiency.
BPC Law are recognised by the Doyles Guide in the area of public liability:
- Leading Public Liability Law Firm (Plaintiff) – 2015, 2016;
- Courtenay Poulden – leading Public Liability Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) – NSW, 2016;
- Scott Hall-Johnston – recommended Public Liability Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) – NSW, 2016; and
- Mark Nelson – leading Public Liability Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) – NSW, 2016;